Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Long Day

I got over to the church at 9:00 this morning. We were working on the newsletter. The phone bills were in the mail, so I called to disconnect the phone at the parsonage. Believe it or not, it took 45 minutes. The church set up the account, and there wasn't anyone listed as authorized to make changes to the account. I pointed out that the directory listing was my name, but they had to go up a couple of levels to figure out how to handle it. Not only were we working on the newsletter here in Tiny Village, but they were working on it in Capital, too, so I had two secretaries asking me for information.
.
A couple of women who were doing research on their family tree dropped by the church. Why do researchers always choose busy days? Daughter had stayed home today, so she was running back and forth to the house to get things for me. I had aimed to leave by noon, but it was almost 12:30 before we got away. Daughter was great, gathering all the things I needed. I suddenly remembered that the insulin pouch hadn't been in my purse. "Don't worry, Mom. I put it in. I have my head screwed on tight." I'm glad, because my head isn't working very well these days. We didn't get home from the meeting until after 10:00. There was a lot of construction, and we passed 3 closed entrance ramps before we were able to get on the interstate to come home. I'm grateful I have a GPS, or I would have been totally lost. It got a workout this evening-- having to recalculate numerous times.
.
I had several emails from Capital when I got home. Daughter's room was described as colorful. She chose grass stain for the bottom and princess pink for the top of her walls. Both women said the house looked great. I'm so looking forward to seeing it next week.
.
Tomorrow is our final senior luncheon. Thursday we have to finish the newsletter and the bulletin for October 3 and the curious men are coming with the truck and trailer. Friday I have a breakfast appointment, and they are having a farewell luncheon for Daughter to which I am invited. Even if I don't make the lunch, I will go to pick her up. We'll stop by the workshop so she can say goodbye there, and then I'll bring her home so she doesn't have to ride the bus. I think it will be an emotional day for her.
.
Saturday I have to finish the sorting. Sunday evening I have a farewell pizza party with the youth group. Monday morning Daughter has an appointment with Therapist, and then the movers arrive. Somehow I think this was the first of many long days I will have in the next week or so....

No comments: