Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our New Home

We arrived a little after 5:00. Our belongings will arrive after 9:00 tomorrow morning. The house looks beautiful. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them (I hope). There were flowers and a welcome note on the card table I had brought last time. Daughter took the note and put it on the refrigerator.
.
Daughter's room really does look good. She walked into it and started to cry. "This is the first time I've been able to pick the colors for my bedroom." When we were in inner city, I chose the colors for her room when we moved into the house. She was 4 years old and pretty much nonverbal at that time. I painted it a pale gray and put up a bright balloon border. When she was 9, we moved into the parsonage. We had no choice on colors there.
.
We have unpacked everything we brought in the car and all the boxes the men brought when they came down last week. There are lots of books on the family room bookshelves now. One of the members stopped by to check on us this evening and make sure everything was okay. I told him everything is wonderful!
.
PA brought brownies this morning, and we brought the remainders with us. I put them in the pantry and locked them, feeling a huge sense of relief that Daughter would not be able to get into them. I was telling the member about this, and Daughter was standing beside me. "That's why I couldn't find them!" She'd already been looking for them to eat them. Thursday our new refrigerator arrives, and I bought a lock to put on the door tonight when we made a grocery run.
.
So far, the move has gone relatively smoothly. I'm exhausted, and my feet and hip hurt. I didn't know I had a bad hip until this week. I was up and down the basement stairs quite a few times today. Hopefully I won't have to do them quite as many times tomorrow. Hopefully. Now it's off to bed. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a very long day....

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow.

Isn't it great to be able to choose the colours in your room?