Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday the 13th

Not that I'm superstitious, but if I were, I've always considered Monday the 13th to be much worse than Friday the 13th. Daughter did not want to get up this morning. I'd call, she'd say okay, and go back to sleep. When she did get up, she took longer than usual to shower and get dressed. To complete the frustrating morning, her bus showed up early, causing a traffic jam as another bus waited behind it. I yelled at her to grab her lunch and get out the door.
.
I then headed out for my hair appointment. As I was paying, my cell phone rang. It was Super Supervisor. She wanted me to know that Daughter had told her she hadn't taken her seizure medication this morning and didn't have a lunch. I wasn't worried about lunch or seizures, but the thought of her not getting her psychiatric drugs was terrifying. I was 10 miles southeast of Tiny Village, and Gift Shop is 12 miles northwest of Tiny Village. I told SS I'd bring Daughter's lunch and pills when I finished there. I got there, and Daughter was watching TV. I told her to go get something to drink, and she sat there glaring at me. I told her to get up and move, as she'd already totally messed up my time schedule. She took her pills and informed me she wasn't speaking to me. I guess it's my fault she refused to move this morning. Makes sense to me.
.
I then went to a department store. Twenty years ago, when I bought my house in Inner City, I had purchased a wonderful light, fresh paint color there that I had used in my living room. I'd picked up some paint chips, but wasn't sure that they were similar to the color I'd loved so much. So, I headed to the department store 22 miles due east of Tiny Village to buy some paint to take with me when we close on Monday. The department store no longer carries paint.
.
A little while ago I received a phone call from my realtor. The seller is trying to move the closing up to Friday. I had asked the mortgage guy about that last week, and he said it was almost impossible to move a closing up. So, I resigned myself to closing on Monday. I made plans and set up my schedule accordingly. My realtor thinks there is a good chance that the closing will now take place on Friday, but I won't know until as late as Wednesday. I've moved money around so that I can get a check for the down payment on short notice. I haven't rearranged my schedule yet, but if we do close on Friday I will have to change two commitments. In many ways, I'd much rather close this Friday.
.
I don't think I'll tell Daughter the plans may change. I'll wait to see what actually happens. Any change in plans is going to throw her off even more. I just need to brace myself for a wild ride the next few weeks. A very wild ride.

No comments: