Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Saying Goodbye and Problems

This week is all about saying goodbye. Monday it was the shut-ins. Yesterday it was my colleagues. Today it was the seniors at the luncheon. We had our biggest group ever today, and since there were new people, I had everyone introduce themselves. One of the women said they had to offer me some advice for the move after their introductions. It was the men who were the most choked up about it. I was touched and pleased by the turn out and their words to me. They all think it is wonderful that I am going home.. It is hard, saying goodbye to these people. When you serve a congregation for 14+ years and walk with members through illness and death, some deep bonds are formed.
.
Part way through the lunch I received a phone call from Capital. The water was turned off today at the house. I had called Thursday, and they needed a picture ID. I scanned my driver's license and emailed it to them. They didn't receive it, and I got busy and forgot to follow up with them. So, I came home and emailed it again-- another 3 times . I still haven't heard back from them, and if they don't receive it soon I'll have to head to town and find a fax machine.
.
They have everything painted and are working on other things now. The women want to go in and clean real well tomorrow. The patio door is a problem. They probably won't have it replaced before I move in, but a couple of good jerks from the outside is enough to open it right now. Not good. They're going to at least put a hook or something on it until they can get it replaced.
.
I am feeling so blessed and welcomed by this congregation. I told the man I was talking to today that I had been thinking about Dad a lot-- the first anniversary of his death is next week-- and feeling alone in this move. They're help and support has erased those feelings. Three of them are coming tomorrow to pick up some stuff and check out Tiny Village. I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm also feeling overwhelmed by all I need to get done. It will happen.
.
The water department just called, and they finally got my email. They are turning the water back on today. Yeah!

No comments: