Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back to Tiny Village

We got back to Tiny Village at about 9:00 this evening. For some reason, I'm tired. After spending tons at Super Hardware Store, my credit card froze my account because they were concerned about fraudulent activity. I wish it were fraudulent, then I wouldn't have to pay the bill!
.
It was a good two days. I wish we had accomplished more, and I'm pleased with what we did accomplish. Since the curtains in the living room fell apart when I washed them, I ordered a cellular blind today. I also bought a refrigerator and freezer, and more paint. The closets soaked up the paint. We don't think they'd ever been painted. They are now a bright white, and look good. They look very good. Hopefully by the time we move in, the closet organizers will be installed.
.
I also changed the hardware on all the kitchen cabinets, and got some of them lined with shelf paper. They were very dirty, and we washed them all down with oil soap. They need another good cleaning, though. I left supplies and post-it notes for the helpers who are going to descend upon my house this week.
.
Another neighbor stopped by to introduce himself. Some members dropped by some pepperoni bread and honey wheat bread from a bakery. Sister Best Friend came by after the shower with her mother-in-law and aunt-in-law so they could check out the house. They approved of it.
.
Daughter did pretty well. She wet the bed, and when I left her at home with Sister Best Friend's Husband she finished off the pepperoni bread. She's very constipated right now, in spite of the preventive measures I took. She has been apologizing all week end. She doesn't know why she's apologizing. This is hard on her. Today we talked about how we are excited when we think about moving to Capital, and sad when we think about leaving Tiny Village.
.
Our new home is located less than half a mile from main drag through Capital. Our section of the main drag is the commercial section. The shopping and restaurant options around us are overwhelming for a couple of women who have lived in Tiny Village for the past 14 years. There is a lot more traffic, and the stores all seem to be very busy. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. I think we will be happy there.
.
I know this post is jumping around-- it's an accurate reflection of the state of my brain right now. I think I'll head to bed early tonight.

No comments: