Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Good Evening

Personal Assistant came to help with the packing process yesterday evening. She pushes me, and I need that. We tackled the basement. Daughter was great. She ran up and down the stairs for us, taking out trash, getting us trash bags and other things we needed. I sorted through everything. Lots of things were thrown out or donated. Some things were packed. Everything left to be packed was placed on a work bench and is ready for the movers.
.
I took Daughter out for ice cream before bedtime. I had promised her that we'd get ice cream when the basement was done. She was delighted. It was amazing how much we were able to accomplish with her helping. She did all the running for us.
.
I was dreading the basement. As I looked at all the trash I'm getting rid of, I was contemplating getting a dumpster. PA's dad has a trailer that dumps (farm families have all sorts of handy gadgets). He's going to bring it over this morning. They will take care of dumping everything I decide needs to go to the dump. Saturday morning PA will be back with her mother. We'll tackle the guest room and the study. I have to empty my enormous desk since I've decided to get rid of it. I'm going to take most of the leaves out of the dining room table. Our final board meeting will be at the church. With a smaller table in there, we will be able to stack packed boxes in there. That way they will be out of the way.
.
I'm going to give a donation to the church to cover final cleaning and repairs to the house. That way I won't feel as guilty about not leaving it spotless. I'm feeling good about the progress I've made.

No comments: