Monday, September 27, 2010

Moving Day

The movers arrive today. Daughter has an appointment with Therapist at 9:00. I need to stop by the bank when we're in town. PA is coming to the house in case we don't get back before the movers arrive. Am I ready for the movers? Of course not. Everything has taken longer than I anticipated. I woke up at 4:00 this morning, and gave up on the idea of going back to sleep at 5:15.
.
We will be moved. I will have to finish sorting and getting rid of things when we arrive in Capital. I have no idea how long it will take the movers to pack and load us up. I do know that the next few days will be busy, and stressful. I've had a stiff neck that has been getting progressively worst. I don't anticipate it getting better any time soon.
.
Yesterday someone asked me why I didn't want a farewell dinner next week. I wasn't offered a farewell dinner. The board thought a reception would be more than enough. It's not that I want a dinner, but I am frustrated that I am being portrayed as rejecting what was offered instead of the board being portrayed as unwilling to do more than a reception. I've only been here 14 years. Why would it take more than a coffee hour to say goodbye? All this does is confirm that it's time to leave, and it makes me more grateful for the warm welcome I am being offered by Capital. I can't wait to get there and see our freshly painted and cleaned house. It will be wonderful.
.
My phone/TV/internet installation is scheduled for a week from today in Capital. I'll try to get on occasionally, but I probably won't be posting regularly for the next week or so.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Take deep breaths and try to relax! It will be over soon, and you'll be able to settle in and start your new life. I wish you strength and peace.

Blessings,
Marge

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Marge. It's going to be a challenging few days, and I will be so grateful when we've put the move behind us. I've decided that October 4 is the day our stress will begin to shrink.