Friday, September 3, 2010

The Sensor

Church equipment has a special sensor that can determine when the time crunch is greatest and cause the equipment to break down at that moment. So, the screws loosened on the piano, causing a sympathetic vibration when A flat was played. The copy machine feed tray rails aren't staying in place. When they slip, there are paper jams at the worse possible place to clear. This problem only appeared when I was running the 450 Big Event Programs for the second time.
.
Daughter called sobbing about her hurting tooth. I'll look at it tonight. If I see signs of infection, I'll drag her to the ER. I'm hoping we can wait until we move to Capital and I can find a dentist who will see her without having to drive hours.
.
One of the financial people came in. The IRS has billed us for hundreds of dollars in penalties and interest. She didn't know why, and didn't have her books with her so she could show me her numbers and I could help her figure out what the problem was.
.
But, the program is printed and folded. The piano is fixed. Daughter has been reassured and is now on her way home on the bus. The financial person has been referred to the local IRS office (I suggested she take her records in with her).
.
I am going to make sure I print out the liturgy for Sunday by noon tomorrow-- that way if my printer or computer sensors kick in, I'll have time to figure out a way to get things printed. Sunday will be my last Big Event. While I will miss the event itself, I will not miss the chaos and craziness that leads up to it.

No comments: