Monday, September 27, 2010

Overwhelmed

The movers left a little while ago. They got most of the house packed and loaded today. Tomorrow they need to move the piano, TV, couch, futon mattress, washing machine, and pack the kitchen, back porch and living room. We will be sleeping in our new home tomorrow night, maybe even in our own beds.
.
When I fired up the computer there was an email listing the work that has been done on my house. The living room, kitchen, halls, bedrooms, and garage have been painted. Peg board has been installed in the garage. New faucets have been installed in the kitchen and bathrooms. New works have been installed in the toilets. Smoke detectors and programmable thermostat have been installed. Closet organizers have been installed in 2 bedrooms. The cabinets and drawers have been cleaned and lined. The kitchen floor was cleaned and today the carpet was professionally cleaned. All the windows and screens have been cleaned. The gutters have been cleaned out (and have filled up again). Locks have been installed on the pantry doors.
.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but you get the idea. You understand why I'm feeling overwhelmed by the love and support of some people I barely know. I forwarded the email to some family and friends. As Far Away Sister said, it was definitely worth the wait. I have been searching off and on for 4 years. I knew God would call me to the right place at the right time.

No comments: