Thursday, September 16, 2010

Crunch Time

It's getting to be crunch time, and I am feeling the stress. The study still isn't done. I've decided that is my priority for the move right now-- to get the study sorted. I'm going to put everything that isn't being moved in there, but it has to be cleared out first. I was awake at 3:30 this morning, and gave up and got up at 4:15.
.
Daughter has an appointment with Therapist at 8:00 this morning. Mortgage Broker was going to try to get to me with a closing date by 9:30 this morning. I hope he calls with a date, and not more requirements. Secretary wants to finish in the church office by 11:00 this morning.
.
I'm going to take advantage of this quiet time before Daughter gets up to feed my soul and prioritize my day. She is becoming more needy, as is to be expected. Kitten is using the litter box less. I suspect she is stressed by all the packing going on. She knows something is up. Daughter wants to get rid of her, but I don't think Daughter can handle one more loss right now. I don't think I can handle one more loss right now. I told Daughter we'd see how she does after we move and get settled, then we can make a decision about what to do with her.
.
I am so distracted these days-- I truly sympathize with those who have ADD. I'm finding it hard to focus on anything for any length of time. I'm sure that those of you who read my blog have figured that out already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get rid of your cat? That sounds ominous. Is she sick? Sometimes cats stop using the litter box when they have a urinary tract infection or when there is too much tension in the house. Your daughter stopped using her litter box (in a manner of speaking) and you didn't get rid of her...

Reverend Mom said...

I think the cat is stressed, and I also ponder the possibility that it is connected with Daughter's bedwetting. I hope she's not sick. I think it would be traumatic and the wrong message to Daughter to get rid of Kitten at this point. We'll see how she does after the move, and find a vet to consult.