Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Last Night

We have spent our last night here in Tiny Village. I slept better than I thought I would on the futon mattress-- exhaustion helps. I fell asleep giving thanks for the people in Delta and I woke up doing the same thing. Daughter snuggled in next to me on the couch yesterday evening to watch Extreme Makeover with me. She was cold, so she was wearing a hoodie and had her comforter over both of us. She was crying and stressed when she fell asleep, and she woke up warm, safe, and grateful.
.
She is still in bed this morning, and at this point, she's dry. I really hope that once we put this move behind us, the bed wetting will stop. I'm somewhat surprised by how few regrets I have about leaving this place. I know that God is calling me to Capital. I know that my ministry here is done. I feel really good about what God has done during my time here. I'm returning to my roots. Far Away Sister (who was having nightmares on my behalf about the move) talked to Daughter on the phone yesterday while I was negotiating the drive up ATM. She pointed out to Daughter that she was moving into our home state at about the same age I moved out of it. I hadn't thought of that, but after college I moved out of state for seminary, and except for a few months while I waited for my first call, I haven't lived there since.
.
Now it's time to put on my shoes and socks and wake up Daughter. PA will be coming at 8:30, the movers will arrive about 9:15. I want to do a bit of cleaning before we pull out of here for the last time. We have been blessed to live in this 110 year old house with its hardwood floors and high ceilings for 14 years. I will miss the space and the beauty of this house, and I will embrace the more manageable size and one story of our new home. God is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your new ministry. I think the good people of Tiny Village are going to realize that you don't know what you've got till it's gone...