Saturday, September 11, 2010

Progress Made

Well, Daughter did some work yesterday, but eventually brought me her cell phone and ipod and told me to forget it, she was done working and I could have all her electronics. That didn't surprise me. She'll often choose the consequence over the task at hand. Usually, I don't tell her what the consequence will be, because that makes it less likely that she will choose it over the task.
.
I have helpers coming at 9:30 this morning, and I expect we will be able to finish the guest room today. I'm feeling pretty good about the progress being made toward the move. There will always be more to do, but I am no longer feeling completely overwhelmed. I think Daughter will be more cooperative today-- she usually does well when there are other people here. She saves the acting out for me. I remember one of her first therapists assuring me that was a very good sign. By acting out for me, it showed that she felt safe and trusted me. I didn't find that thought particularly comforting then-- or now.

1 comment:

Dom Casas said...

Saves the acting for you? Hahaha. Such a typical sweet mother and daughter chemistry.




Federal Resources for Single Mothers click: Here