Monday, September 6, 2010

Fair Day

Today we will make our annual pilgrimage to the County Fair. The weather is supposed to be pleasant today, so that will be nice. I actually slept in this morning-- I haven't done that in while. I woke up a little after 6:00, but after using the bathroom went back to bed until 8:45. I was exhausted. Yesterday was a wonderful day, and an exhausting one. Daughter is still asleep. I've called her once, but am not going to push her to get up quite yet.
.
This week I'll be doing more packing and sorting. I'm also going to begin to take communion to the shut-ins one last time. It will be an opportunity to say goodbye to them. I suspect it may be next year before someone takes them communion again, so I will do it now.
.
I have received two cards from people connected to the church thanking me and wishing me well. Both expressed regret that I am leaving. The people do understand, especially about the need for more opportunities for Daughter. I've been surprised that several think it's an amazing sacrifice that I'm willing to move to provide opportunities for her.
.
The people I talked to yesterday, those who grew up here but have moved away, recognize that this is a challenging congregation. They were all complimentary of the work I've done here over the past 14 years.
.
This is going to be another week of balancing the needs here, Daughter's needs, and preparation for the move. I have decided, though, that today is about the County Fair. Everything else can wait until tomorrow.

No comments: