Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Last Time

Today is the last Sunday I will wake up and get ready for worship in this house. Next Sunday we'll drive in from Capital for worship. It feels strange. There is still so much to do, and I find myself wondering how I will ever be ready for the movers tomorrow. The good news is that the movers are coming, and they will move us, whether we are ready or not. I've already decided that there are things that will have to go to the basement for me to make decisions about later. I'm making all kinds of good resolutions about continuing to unpack a box a day. At this point, I think the things that had to happen have, for the most part been accomplished.
.
The important thing is that the sermon is ready for this morning. I also have figured out the w0rship liturgy for next Sunday. I have one letter of recommendation to finish writing, one more youth group to attend, and one more sermon to write. I have enjoyed ministry in this place, and it is time to move on. I'm ready to move on. I'm ready for the challenges that are coming my way.
.
Daughter said several times yesterday that she wasn't ready to move. She's asked if she can go back to the gift shop tomorrow to say goodbye again. She sees Therapist first thing tomorrow morning. I think that was good planning on our part. It will be hard on her to watch the movers work, but it will be good to know that we are going to our new home. Soon we will see what the workers have accomplished. Soon we will be sleeping in our new rooms. Soon we will be facing first times, not last times. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: