So I spent all day waiting for a call to hear when the closing would be. It was after 4:00 before Mortgage Broker called. The underwriters came up with a new requirement. They need both regional church bodies to sign off on my contract. It's a done deal for both of them, but where the contract is in journey through church bureaucracy is a mystery at this point. I gave him phone numbers for both offices, and the one here said they could probably expedite getting them something. The other office was closed for the day. MB will call them again tomorrow morning. He will call me to report progress. If all goes well, I could still close on Friday. I told MB that I couldn't guarantee I would respond in a Christian manner if they threw any more hoops up for me to jump through. He understood. Some of the things they've required have surprised him.