Monday, August 9, 2010

A Visit to Capital

Daughter and I met Sister and Short Niece for lunch today, and then went over to our future home for the home inspection. In addition to the home inspector, we had a pest inspector and radon man there. Overall the report was good. There are some things I need to address this fall, but I had already identified most of them. The sliding door that was installed backwards also has some rotten wood, moving that up on the priority list.
.
After the inspection, we went over to the church to leave the boxes of books, and then I met with Worship Committee Chairman and Administrative Assistant (husband and wife). They were great. I really liked them both. We have planned the worship service for the 22nd, and I have been briefed on how their worship service works, and shown how to work the projectors for the PowerPoint. They do things very differently, it will take some adjusting, and it will be fun. They are very open to change and trying new things.
.
WCC and AA had visited the same little obscure museum near our favorite vacation spot, and had been impressed by the same things. We like some of the same music. Their son graduated from the same place as Far Away Sister and her husband, though in different engineering programs and over 20 years apart.
.
Every time I go up there, I feel more comfortable and come back energized. Daughter was fantastic. She was delighted to see her cousin and aunt, and she helped unload the books while I was meeting with WCC and AA. On the way home, we stopped at a tourist place I visited over 30 years ago that specializes in turkey. Their entire menu is turkey. Daughter had a barbecue turkey sandwich, I had a smoked turkey sandwich.
.
We got home almost 12 hours after we left this morning. I returned some phone calls, Daughter took care of the trash. I washed dishes and made iced tea. We moved 5 boxes of books from the upstairs hall to the car, and tomorrow evening we will make the trip to City to donate them to the AAUW book sale. We are making progress, and things seem to be going smoothly. I think I will sleep well tonight.

No comments: