Sunday, August 1, 2010

House Hunting Day 1


We got here a little after 3:00, and after we checked in, Realtor drove us around the area a bit and then took us to see one house and 4 condos. The house was new construction, and the living spaces were just too small. I also wasn't thrilled with the area. An industrial park separated it from the church.

Speaking of the church, he started us at the church to get us oriented-- and there was a doe with 2 fawns in the parking lot! We'll be back in civilization, but will still see deer. That's good. The condos were okay.... I think the last one was the only one I'd consider buying. That's the picture above. It had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The main floor had just over 1200 square feet, and the lower level was beautifully finished. The kitchen wasn't huge, but it was bigger than I have now. There was a pass through to the dining area. The deck looked out on a large green space with trees and grass. It had a gas fireplace in the lower level. The bathroom on the main level had a separate shower, a deep soaking tub, and two sinks.


It was a little more than I'd like to spend, but I could make it work. He's picking us up tomorrow to look at 12 houses. Two more that I liked are no longer possibilities. But we have a possibility now, so even if we don't find anything we love tomorrow, we'll have someplace to live. Daughter handled the day very well. I was proud of her.

No comments: