Saturday, August 7, 2010

Books

I love books. Today I went through the first round of sorting through my personal books. I found a charity book sale that is accepting books, and we filled 5 boxes with books to donate today. I will sort through them again when I pack the ones I'm keeping, and hopefully I will pull out more to be donated. It's been harder than I thought it would be. I haven't started pulling out the professional books I want to donate, I suspect that will be even harder. Daughter packed all the books into boxes as I pulled them off the shelves. I've packed 8 boxes of professional books I'm moving to Capital on Monday. I'd like to get a few more boxes of books packed to take with us.
.
Sister and Short Niece are going to meet us for lunch before the inspection. I've printed out some graph paper, so I'm going to measure the rooms and mark where windows and such are. I'm working on my priority list. I wrote important dates on a calendar today for Daughter. I can't put in the date of the actual move yet, but hopefully will be able to figure it out soon. The moving company said they could do it at my convenience as long as I tell them several days ahead of time. They will bring 2 men and 2 trucks, so it will take 4 days in all with the packing, moving, and unloading. That's actually better as far as I'm concerned. It will be a little less frantic. My 30 year college reunion is about the time of the move, and Capital is less than 60 miles from college-- it would be kind of nice to go, but complicated in the midst of a move. I'll figure it out.

No comments: