Sunday, August 8, 2010

Big Day

Tomorrow will be a big day for us. We'll leave here before 8:00 to meet Sister and Short Niece for lunch, then we'll go to the house for the home inspection at noon. I have a tape measure and graph paper, and I've asked Sister to bring her video camera. When the home inspection is over (and hopefully without any expensive surprises), I will call a member of the search committee and we will head over to the church to unload the first 14 boxes of books.
.
I'm sure I'll be exhausted when I get home, but that's okay. I'll have more information and will be able to make more concrete plans as I prioritize the things I want to purchase for our new home and figure out what furniture we'll take and where it will go. I was pleasantly surprised this evening to realize that the living room in our new home is actually bigger than the living room we have here. That will help with the furniture arrangement.
.
I'm excited, and I think Daughter is, too. She is looking forward to seeing Short Niece and Sister.

No comments: