Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Progress

This morning Daughter got up surly. She was unhappy because I reminded her she had to shower since she had wet the bed. As she was getting ready to leave the house, I said, "I love you."
.
She sighed, "I know." Then she turned to Kitten and said, "Love you, Kitten."
.
"What's this, you love the cat, but not me?"
.
She protested, and I pointed out she'd simply said, "I know," when I told her I loved her, and then had turned around and told Kitten she loved her. She insisted she loved me, too.
.
She was distressed when she got to the gift shop. Super Supervisor talked to her, and she is working hard at turning it around. When we talked about it a little while ago, she couldn't remember what had set her off this morning, just that she had been yelling at me.
.
I pointed out to her that she is happy when she's being responsible and cooperating, and that I think she deserves to be happy. She has vacuumed the steps, landing, and her bedroom, cleaned the litter boxes and brought down the dark hamper. She has an appointment with Therapist this evening, and we're going to get supper in Town before her appointment.
.
I have the first draft of Sunday's sermon done. Now all I have to do is figure out the PowerPoint to go with it. All in all, a good day in which progress was made. Will it last? For a little while. I'll enjoy it and celebrate it for however long that is.

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

Kitten doesn't make any demands on her.
Hang in there.