Thursday, August 19, 2010

Apologies

Once again, Daughter woke up this morning and apologized for last night. An apology is not an eraser, and she never seems able to put her words into action. When she called from the gift shop to offer yet another apology (and see if I would talk to her), I asked her why she had done it.
.
"I thought it would help my stress?"
.
"Did it help your stress?"
.
"No. It made it worse."
.
I told her I wanted her to make a list of things she could do to deal with her stress, and we would talk about it when she gets home. We'll see. Daughter has a difficult time with follow through. For several years I have been telling her no new craft projects/kits until she finishes some of the older ones. It hasn't gotten her to finish anything, but it has saved me money.

No comments: