Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A First and More Drama

I've done a lot of funerals over the last 25 years, and so there aren't too many things that surprise me any more. Today, though, I had a first: the first time I was in a funeral procession on a busy interstate.
.
Daughter is spinning more drama at the workshop. Sunday night she told me she'd gotten back together with an old boyfriend. This particular boyfriend was just put on community control and ordered into a sex offenders treatment program. When she told me, she was waiting for me to react. I just shrugged my shoulders. She was disappointed. I said, "We're moving in a month. I'm not providing transportation for you to go see him. He doesn't have transportation. It's not going to last, so I'm not going to worry." She was obviously disappointed.
.
Yesterday she came home and told me he was pressuring her for sex and that "something" had happened on the bus. She backed down on her claim that he'd exposed himself to her when I suggested that he had scared her and she was trying to express how threatened she'd felt by what he'd said to her.
.
I had a voice mail today from Case Manager. Daughter went in and reported the incident to her. Sigh. She is stressed about the move, I understand that. So she is flailing around creating drama so she can get attention. She tried to hook me with a physical complaint today, but I was tied up with the funeral, so that didn't work. I suspect that this was her next attempt at attention. Unfortunately, I did not get Case Manager's message until it was too late to call her back. Even worse, Case Manager is off for the rest of the week.
.
I've explained to her quite clearly that making false reports can get her into a great deal of trouble. So now she's saying she doesn't remember exactly what happened. That could be accurate. I think the line between reality and fantasy is often blurred for her. It sure does make it hard to figure out what's real with her.
.
I suspect she will continue to escalate until the move is complete and she is settled in to a new routine. Hopefully I will be able to maintain my patience and sanity until that happens.

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

I'm sorry to hear about your DD making false accusations again. She's not making the move any easier for you.