Friday, August 27, 2010

Four Days until Next Month

Daughter called me today, crying. I asked her what was wrong.
.
In 4 days it will be next month and at the end of next month we're moving and I'm not ready!"
.
I told her she didn't have to be ready yet-- and reminded her that the important thing is that we will be together. That is our mantra. "The important thing is that we will be together." She's not ready emotionally, but as I look at what needs to be done and the time left in which to accomplish it, I have to wonder if I will be done with the sorting and discarding in time. We did some work in the garage today, but there is much more to be done. We didn't even get half of it done. Then I have to attack the basement, the attic and the guest room. It's amazing how our belongings expanded to fill the available space. Amazing.

2 comments:

jwg said...

Actually, the stuff you own expands to fill the number of rooms you have, plus one. Buckingham Palace is short a room.

Reverend Mom said...

I think you're on to something. My new home is going to have entirely too much space available for storage. That is definitely not a good thing!