Friday, August 27, 2010

Today's Plan

Today, I'm tackling the garage. The garage contains things that belong to the church in addition to my possessions. There are a number of things that need to be dumped out there. I hope that by lunch time I will have sorted through things and will have all the things that belong to me and are moving to Capital in one area, where it will be easy for the movers to find it and move it. I'm going to make a decision about the lawnmower today, too. I haven't used it in a number of years, so I don't even know if it will start.
.
I packed another 6 boxes of books last night, but books are easy. I need to go into those areas where there are things we won't be moving and make some hard decisions. It's going to be a challenge dealing with the things I'm not moving. Do I try to sell them? Do I donate them? Do I throw them in the trash?
.
I have a graveside service on Sunday afternoon, so tomorrow morning I'm dragging Daughter out of bed to meet a family member for breakfast in town at 8:00. She wasn't too thrilled about the idea, but it will get her up and moving tomorrow. When we get home, we'll figure out what room we want to tackle first. There is a great deal of sorting and dumping that needs to happen in the next 4 weeks. I told Daughter it would be nice if we could just wake up and be moved and settled in, but it's not going to work that way.

No comments: