Thursday, August 12, 2010

The House

Yesterday I removed the inspection contingency from my offer on the house, and it disappeared from the internet listings. That makes it more real. I am no longer as concerned about the size of the bedrooms, but that doesn't mean I'm not finding other things to worry about.
.
There are little things I hadn't thought of, but now am beginning to think about. The laundry room is a closet in the half bath off the kitchen. The half bath has a pocket door. I haven't figured out where I'm going to hang up clothes as I remove them from the dryer. I guess that means they'll get put away right away.
.
There isn't a washtub or utility sink in the house. I'm not sure where I'll rinse out paint brushes and rollers, especially if I'm painting in the winter.
.
I don't think there are any outlets in the basement. The lights are on pull strings, and other than the outlets for the furnace and dishwasher, there weren't any outlets. That means I'll have to have some added right away if I'm going to set up an area for Daughter with TV and such down there. I also want to put my freezer down there, so that will need an outlet.
.
It's amazing the little things that are coming to my mind right now. The good news is that all of these things are relatively minor. I'm glad I don't have major things keeping me awake at night. Even better, because I was so careful not to buy more house than I can comfortably afford, I'll have the money to take care of these issues. That's good news. We saw an area where there had been a water softener at one time. Maybe it had an outlet that I can use for the freezer, and then I can take my time with the other outlets I'll want/need.
.
It's very hard to focus on work here as I think/dream about the move. I did some work on my sermon yesterday. Today I need to work on board agenda for Sunday and go to the nursing homes. Tomorrow I have a breakfast appointment. After the letter goes out to this congregation on the 23rd, I will have more to do as I take care of the things that need to be done before I leave and begin to say my good byes. I'm sure it will be a bittersweet time, and it will fly. We'll be unpacking boxes sooner than I anticipate, I'm sure.

No comments: