Monday, August 30, 2010

Something to Look Forward To

In my first church, I was part of a clergy group that gathered regularly. It was a wonderful resource, providing friendship, advice, perspective, and fellowship. We made an annual pilgrimage to a major league baseball game. We had an Epiphany barbecue. We studied the Bible together. It was wonderful.
.
When I moved here, I couldn't even get my closest colleagues to return phone calls. I have been so lonely here. There have been a couple of women with whom I've made connections, but it has been a challenge.
.
Yesterday and today I received emails from colleagues in Capital. One invited me to the monthly clergy gatherings and included the list of dates. They gather for 3 hours once a month for fellowship and a program. The other welcomed me and told me about the events the congregations do cooperatively each year. I can hear Far Away Sister's amused response when I tell her about this: "It's called civilization." It's going to be good to be back in civilization. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

maeve said...

wow! It'll be so great to have regular time with folks who can identify with what you do! I'm happy for you -- and for them.