Monday, August 2, 2010

A House


We got home to Tiny Village at about 10:30 this evening. I have placed an offer on a house! It is a 3 bedroom ranch house with 1570 square feet, an awesome kitchen, 1 1/2 baths, first floor laundry, and a full basement (unfinished). It was built in 1979. I think we looked at 17 houses/condos before we were done, and then we went back to see this one again. I walked in and fell in love with the kitchen. I was looking for an open kitchen, and it had to have more than 41 inches of counter space. I also wanted a gas stove. I think this one qualifies.








It's open to a family room with a wood burning fire place.



















Did I mention I fell in love with the kitchen? .

When I began to think about houses, I set a goal as to how much I wanted to spend on the down payment, and what I wanted the monthly payments (principle and interest) to be. The down payment to get it to the necessary payment is $100 less than I wanted to spend. The payment is $3 under my target. I think this is the house I was meant to have. Did I mention I love the kitchen?
.
Daughter did very well. By late morning she was getting tired, so she waited in the car and watched a DVD. This was one of the first houses, and she did go into see it. She didn't like the carpet in the room that will be her bedroom. She said it was the color of urine. Strangely appropriate, don't you think?
.
The house needs a little bit of work, but is basically move-in ready. It is an estate situation, so now I get to wait for the heirs to decided whether to accept my offer. I hope I'll hear soon. Home inspection will be August 20 when I'm up there to preach. I've applied for the mortgage already. The wheels are in motion. Did I mention I love the kitchen?

2 comments:

maeve said...

Hooray!!! You'll love it. I'm sorry, did you mention that you loved the kitchen???

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Maeve, I don't know why you think I love the kitchen.;-)