Monday, July 12, 2010

Forty Five Minutes

Yesterday morning when the alarm went off, I was amazed at how bright it was outside. It got me thinking, and I looked it up. We were far enough north that there was 45 minutes more of daylight there than there is here in Tiny Village at this time of year.
.
I had PT for my knee this morning and then took Daughter to the gift shop. Sub is in this week while Super Supervisor's husband has his hip replaced. Daughter is not thrilled about that, but she went, and hopefully will have a good day.
.
I'm going to plan out the week's work, which includes time taking care of things around the house today. I'll be ready to jump back into work tomorrow. My knee is feeling much better, so I'm going to start using the Wii fit tomorrow. I want to be more physically fit. I'm also going to build time with Daughter into the schedule. I told her I'd schedule a game night each week, and Friday night we'll go to the concert in the park in Town. Throughout the week I'll be contemplating the sermon for Sunday and praying for the search committee, that they will know who it is God is calling to be their next pastor.

4 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

Why is your DD so hard on the sub? Is she still holding a resentment against her for not allowing DD to call you when the sub was brand new on the job?

Reverend Mom said...

She doesn't trust her to keep her safe. From what I hear, there are other clients who don't do well with her at the gift shop. The clients there are people who can't handle the chaos of the workshop, and so they are more difficult to handle. When Sub is there, they act out and there are disturbances. SS has a special gift. Daughter and I talked about what a hard job Sub has. I suggested Daughter be nice to her. It could be a long week.

Miz Kizzle said...

Being in charge of the gift shop must be one of the most difficult jobs on Earth.

Reverend Mom said...

I would agree with that-- for Super Supervisor it is a calling and a gift-- one that I certainly don't have.