Monday, July 5, 2010

Logical Consequences

Daughter is washing her comforter and pj's right now. I walked her around the lake to the laundry room, showed her how to work the machine, and told her I'd see her when she was done. She said, "You know I can't find my way back."
.
"Yes, you can. Just come back the same way we came. I know you can do it."
.
I commented as we walked over there in the heat, I said, "I don't think you're going to wet the bed again this week." She readily agreed.
.
I hadn't had a chance to connect with the teacher of Daughter's second class, but C, who I had briefed on the faked seizures, told a friend in the class, "I'm passing the torch onto you. If she tries to fake a seizure, tell her to stop it, relax and take a deep breath."
.
The friend said she could do that. Daughter said, "I wouldn't pull anything like that here!" That's right, she won't. Because she now knows that it won't work. That's why I love this community.

No comments: