Friday, July 16, 2010

Tears

Daughter spent a good bit of yesterday evening sobbing. She didn't know why she was crying, she just was. I suspect there were a number of things that contributed to her tears:

1. The possibility of a move and all the of the change and uncertainty that will bring.

2. The recognition that she's not ready to move out/get a job/return to the workshop. She knows that her bed wetting is speaking loudly. When she's mentioned the various goals, she always says, "Part of me...." She never argues when I point out that her bed wetting is telling me she's not ready.

3. Nice Guy. She wants to have a boyfriend, and it's hard on very hard on her to have a boyfriend. She wants to be with him, and she's terrified of being with him.

4. Super Supervisor's continuing absence. Yesterday Sub called convinced that 3 units was too much insulin for Daughter's lunch. It's the same amount she always takes. Sub has supervised her taking 3 units numerous times now. Daughter also expressed discomfort because Sub has loosened some of the rules. She doesn't like that. Hopefully SS will be back today.

So I held her. I acknowledged that the thought of moving is hard. I reminded her that the important things would remain the same, no matter where we live: I would be her Mom, her safety would still be my number 1 priority and that Kitten, Daughter and I would still be a family. Eventually she fell asleep.

This evening she has plans to meet NG for supper (she wants me at the restaurant, but has told me I need to sit at a different table) and the concert in the park. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will give her something to look forward to today.

No comments: