Friday, July 2, 2010

Techie

I became a techie and fixed my ipod problem. Maybe now I'll be a bit more patient with Daughter. I understand what has caused today's challenges, it's just that there isn't much I can do to change the reality of my life as a pastor. Since Daughter is home recuperating from her oral surgery, her expectation was lots of attention from Mom. She doesn't realize that I am busy all day while she is gone. She is also anxious because we will be leaving Sunday afternoon for the conference. Change and travel are hard on her.
.
The week before we leave for a conference where I have a leadership role is not a good time to schedule 2 medical procedures (my scope on Monday, her wisdom teeth on Wednesday). To further complicate things, Secretary was on vacation this week, and I had several involved/exhausting pastoral care situations. A stressed out preacher mom and a needy kid are not a good combination.
.
She overheard a conversation in which I was expressing some of my frustration/stress. Neither of us acknowledged she'd heard it, but her attitude improved greatly following it. We'll make it. The working ipod will make it much easier to keep things in perspective. Sunday night we'll be at the conference, and by Thursday noon my teaching responsibilities will be over. It won't be perfect, but it will be fun, and I'm sure I'll learn more than I teach. That's always renewing for me.

No comments: