Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Winding Down

I have one more class to teach tomorrow morning, and then we will head to our motel on a lake Friday morning. Daughter has signed up for the talent show tomorrow evening. I'm not real happy about that, but it has been a powerful motivator for her. She was dry this morning, so she was free to take a 3 hour nap this afternoon.
.
She was with the elementary class today. She came into my class at one point to complain that it wasn't working, her mouth was hurting, etc. I gave her an ibuprofen (she hadn't had a pain pill at breakfast for the first time today), and told her to go get something to drink, wash her face in cool water, and rejoin the class. She did, and came to lunch quite pleased with the fact that a water balloon had gotten her wet.
.
One of the adults had to coax her to participate in the water balloon fight. Daughter said she couldn't because of her wisdom teeth. The woman assured her that was okay, she wouldn't throw the balloon at her mouth. So Daughter participated. This is such a good, safe place for her. Have I mentioned that we're having a wonderful week?

1 comment:

maeve said...

Don't you wish that you could take these supportive folks with you on the journey. I feel the same way about my ADSG friends.