Thursday, July 1, 2010

Interruptions

I'm going to drop Daughter off at the gift shop before I go to PT tomorrow morning. Super Supervisor will be there, and invited Daughter to come hang out with her while I go to PT. Daughter's disappointed about the picnic, but by tonight her mouth was hurting and she wanted something for pain, so I think she understands the concern. SS agreed with me that it would not be a good day for Daughter to be there. Daughter was cooperative today, and so she got ice cream tonight for supper. She was happy.
.
I'm far behind on my preparation for my class next week and worship Sunday. This has been a week of interruptions. I spent 2 hours with the family of a dying woman on Tuesday. This afternoon was spent with the young woman who lives next door to me and struggles with various issues. Her computer got a virus, and I was working with her on fixing it while also talking about her ongoing struggles with depression and making plans for her future. She told me several times how awesome I am. I need to hear that occasionally. She needs someone who will listen to her and show her that she's important. I can do that. I like her, and I'm glad she trusts me.
.
Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment with a couple about a wedding in December. The mother of the bride has been driving me crazy with questions. I finally told her that I wouldn't give her a time for the wedding until her daughter had called me and set up an appointment for me to talk to the bride and groom. I decided I'd best do it before vacation, on MOB would stroke out and it would be my fault.
.
As frustrating as it is when my plans get pushed aside for the needs of various people, I always remember the wise pastor who commented that our ministry was the interruptions. I've been doing ministry this week. It's been important ministry. Sunday I will have a sermon, and Monday I will have something for my class.
.
I thanked Daughter for her cooperation and patience today. She's been dry the last two nights, and is quite proud of herself for being responsible. Nice Guy stopped by to see how she's doing. It's been a busy day, and while I didn't get everything done, I'm pleased with what I did get done.

No comments: