Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mixed Messages

As we drove to Big City to see Psychiatrist today, Daughter informed me that she'd been doing a lot of thinking, and thought that it was time for her to get a place with Nice Guy and move out. She said they had a lot of the same problems and he's on a lot of the same medications, and it would be good.
.
We had a long conversation, and I worked very hard at being patient with her. I assured her that I wanted the same things she wanted, for her to be able to live independently and get married. I reminded her of the steps we've set up to help her achieve her goals. I told her that actions speak louder than words, and by wetting the bed every night she was telling me that she doesn't feel safe and isn't ready to take on something new.
.
She's not happy, but for now she is accepting what I told her and Psychiatrist reinforced. I'm sure tomorrow she'll be back with another big plan.

No comments: