Sunday, July 4, 2010

Worship

One of the things I look forward to is coming here and worshiping with this community as just a person in the congregation. It's wonderful to be in worship with no leadership responsibilities. Our opening worship service this evening was wonderful. Daughter has been all over the place between responsible and frustratingly acting out. She didn't want to eat any protein at supper time. I told her she couldn't have any dessert unless she ate some of the Italian sausage. She was mad, but ate it.
.
During worship she came over and whispered to me that her blood sugar had dropped to 71. I was amazed, because I would have predicted it would have been high with all the carbs she had at supper. I asked where her meter and emergency supplies were, and she told me they were back in our room. I sent her to get them. When she came back, she handed me a note apologizing and acknowledging that her blood sugar was 271, not 71.
.
A good friend of mine is in her first class of the morning-- C is a special ed teacher and the mother of a diabetic. She gets Daughter. I've already instructed her on what to do if Daughter tries to fake a seizure. Daughter knows I've briefed her. Daughter will feel safe with her. The teacher for her second class isn't arriving until tomorrow, so I'll have to track her down and brief her.
.
I think (hope) I'm ready to teach my class tomorrow on Revelation. There's so much to say about that book, and so little time. Hopefully I'll be able to share some of the things I've discovered in my preparation for the class. Now I'm tired. I'd kind of like to go to morning prayer at 7:00 tomorrow morning, which means I'd best get to bed now.

No comments: