Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The First Chance Encounter

This evening Daughter and I went out to eat and then to the Super Discount Store. As we were checking out, another Special Olympics Mom greeted Daughter, "I hear you're moving!"
.
"Oops. Sorry, Mom." She turned to SOM and said, "No one is supposed to know."
.
SOM heard it from her Daughter, who goes to the workshop. After we were done checking out, I went over and explained that nothing was official, and it wasn't supposed to be public knowledge, but I realized that is an impossibility in this county. Sigh.
.
I had wonderful visits at the nursing home this afternoon, and I found a house I want to buy. It's a short sale. The house is a 32 year old contemporary home with lots of very nice features. It is listed for 30% less than what it sold for 8 years ago. I got the name of a realtor from a member of the search committee and sent the realtor an email asking for additional information. Did I mention I'm moving to a very depressed area of the country?
.
We continue to be very excited. The background check is in progress. I need to get some pictures I can send them to use in the material they use to introduce me to the congregation. My first thought was to go to the portrait studio in the Super Discount Store. When Daughter and I show up there dressed up, anyone who hasn't already heard that we're moving will figure it out.
.
In Capital we'll have a little more anonymity. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: