Saturday, July 10, 2010

Paradise

Today has been a good day. We went to an art fair, where I bought two new stone crosses. I'll have to get chains for them when I get home-- the chains they had were too short. We ate lunch in a small cafe.
.
Over lunch I told Daughter that I had invited the women who are coming to worship next month to our home for lunch. She had a fit-- she didn't want them coming, they weren't welcome in our home, etc. So we had a conversation about moving. I pointed out to her that her security comes from being part of a family, not from where she lives, and the family isn't going to change. I told her she'd complain and tell me we shouldn't have moved, but eventually she'll admit that it was a good move. I reminded her of all the advantages of moving. She heard what I was saying and her mood improved.
.
We went on a 1.5 mile hike in a state park. I am very out of shape. Or course, part of it was uphill, and part of it was sandy, but I'm out of shape. I toured a CCC museum about forest restoration while Daughter sat on a bench.
.
I told her to remind me, and I'd take care of something when we got home. She said, "You mean Tiny Village?"
.
"No, I meant the motel."
.
"Don't call that home."
.
"Okay, what do you call this?"
.
"Paradise."
.
We got ice cream and went to arts and crafts store, where I caved and bought her a fuzzy poster than had markers with it.
.
As we headed back to the motel, I asked her what her favorite part of the day had been, "Just spending time with my mom." When we got back to the motel we spent some time in the hot tub. Now we're relaxing in our room.
.
Daughter's comments about this being paradise and the best part was spending time with me has me thinking. I took a class on professional development at the conference. I'm going to makes some changes when we get home. I'll be blogging more about that later.

No comments: