Friday, July 23, 2010

The First Salary Negotiation

Wow. Tiny Village has always resented having to pay a pastor. It's been a battle to get a cost of living raise, and they've never been willing to do more than that. I keep telling them that the minimum set by the regional overseers is not a salary cap. I point out that I'm making starting salary with many years of experience. They respond by complaining that they can't afford a full time pastor anymore.
.
Today Capital sat down and figured out a salary package. My salary will increase by more than 25% when I move. They want to buy me a new computer. Here, the church refused to replace the 8 year old computer that wasn't working. Someone finally stepped in to donate a new one.
.
This is going to be a whole new world. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: