Monday, July 19, 2010

Next Steps

This evening I received a phone call from the search committee. The women went back and reported on the wonderful time they'd had yesterday, and they have extended the call to me. We are very excited. Brother and Sister are delighted that we will be closer to them. Far Away Sister is delighted that I will be back in civilization. Brother announced that they are pregnant today, and so he's delighted I will be closer. I'm the closest thing his children will have to a grandmother on our side of the family. My nieces and nephews are the closest I will get to grandchildren.
.
Of course, there are still more hoops to jump through. I signed the forms so they can run a background check when I was up there last month, but they don't do the check until they have extended the call. We need to negotiate the package. I need to go up and preach a sermon for the congregation, and they need to do the formal vote to extend the call. I need to buy a house. Hopefully we can do that in August. After that, I need to give notice to this congregation. I figure it will be mid October before I actually move.
.
Daughter is very excited, and a little bit nervous. I think that describes what I'm feeling, too. After I heard that sermon this afternoon, I thought God was telling me I needed to continue to wait. I'm glad I was wrong. Sister pointed out that I've waited long enough. I've been searching off and on for 4 years now. God is good.

No comments: