Friday, July 16, 2010

Joy

Daughter came downstairs this morning singing and dancing with joy. It was hard to believe that this was the same person who had sobbed in my arms last night. She was excited about spending time with Nice Guy this evening. She was looking forward to seeing Super Supervisor. She was happy. It was wonderful to see her in such a good mood.
.
When I came out of PT, she was jumping up and down in the waiting room in anticipation. She had called the gift shop while she was waiting for me, and knew that SS was back. She wanted me to her hurry up and get her there.
.
SS greeted Daughter at the back door. She told me she was exhausted from spending the nights at the hospital with her husband, who had surgery Monday. She said, "I needed to get back and see these guys." The drama there would drive me crazy. For her, it is a calling, and it give her joy. That's why she does such a good job. She loves that strange assortment of disabled individuals who gather daily at the gift shop. We are blessed to have her.

No comments: