Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Case of the Missing Skirt

I can't find my favorite skirt. I have searched my closet several times, and with the new light, I can actually see what's in there. It's not in the laundry area. It wasn't in the hamper of dark clothes I put in the washing machine this morning. I did a quick check of Daughter's closet and didn't see it. I suspect Daughter was taking laundry out of the dryer and didn't want to deal with it and hid it. She probably didn't realize my favorite skirt was among the things she had hidden. At least I hope that's what has happened, and it hasn't vanished into some other dimension. Of course, I'm hoping that she remembers where she hid this particular load of clothes. I want to wear it tomorrow.
.
When Daughter gets home she has an appointment with Therapist, and then the youth group will gather to clean the streets of Tiny Village. There will be pizza when the streets are clean. I took communion to a couple of shut-ins this afternoon. The trip to the Alzheimer's Unit was interesting. One of the residents took a liking to the elder who was accompanying me. She was touching him and trying to get him to come with her. It was amusing to watch his discomfort. we finally took the woman we were visiting into her room and locked the door so we could complete our visit.
.
Daughter did well yesterday afternoon/evening, and woke up in a great mood this morning. I understand I missed a great worship service when I left the meeting early yesterday, but the time and attention I was able to give Daughter when I got home was worth it. She hasn't called me at all today. Life is much easier when she's happy and doing well. Of course, when I ask her about the missing skirt, there may be a major shift in her mood. It's a chance I'll just have to take.

2 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

I hope your skirt turns up. Have you considered poltergeists?
I think that Alzheimer's, in some cases, serves to remove the polite censor that most of us live behind. The lady saw a guy she fancied and went for it. I see it as a good sign. At least she wasn't lying in bed, waiting for death.
I hope that if I ever get Alzheimer's I'll be the type of old lady who's still interested in romance.

Reverend Mom said...

I don't even want to think about poltergeists-- Daughter would blame them for everything. The skirt still hasn't turned up. I'll have to figure out something else to wear tomorrow. I saw the wife of the man who was pursued this evening. She said it really bothered him-- he was still freaked out when I dropped him off at home. I don't think I'll get home to go back with me to that nursing home. I agree, though, it's wonderful that she's still alive-- in more ways than one.