Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stressed Out over Nothing

Sister-in-law sent out a text to the sisters a little after 7:00 this morning to say Brother had just gone back for his cardiac cath. We all thanked her and asked her to keep us posted. She assured us she would. Around 8:00 we got a message that he was in a room, and she'd let us know as soon as she knew what they'd found. I kept waiting to hear more. Far Away Sister called, and we worried about the delay. I recalled timing of the report had gone when I'd had mine done a couple of years ago. Far Away Sister sent a text. Sister-in-law replied that Brother was wiped out and sleeping between blood pressure checks.
.
Finally around 10:30, we learned that everything was fine. They'd known that all along. Sister-in-law "forgot" she hadn't told us. Mom always taught me if you can't say something nice....
.
Daughter came home singing today. Super Supervisor was back at the gift shop. Case Manager was going to follow up on the fact that Daughter wasn't allowed to call me. She talked to Daughter when she got back to the workshop and told her that absolutely she could call me anytime.
.
Tonight, I'm thankful that Brother got a clean bill of health and that Daughter had a good day.

No comments: