Sunday, May 30, 2010

"I Can't Believe I'm Happy!"

Daughter is saying this repeatedly. She really is doing well, and she's not sure what to do with the good feelings. I think it's a wonderful problem to have.
.
This afternoon we will go to graduation and do some shopping. I haven't quite figured out the timing of it all. It's hot enough that I think the shopping will have to wait until after graduation, since I don't want to bring the groceries home and then go back out to the high school.
.
I spent much of yesterday looking up houses online in the area around the church I'm currently interviewing. They have made motel reservations for our trip. In the shower this morning I was pondering my sermon for the day. They like PowerPoint, and I was thinking about PowerPoint possibilities for that sermon. Of course, I'll have to learn how to use PowerPoint first.... I think I'll have one of my youth come give me a tutorial. The district on this side of the street finishes this week, the district across the street still has 7 days.
.
Daughter got out a pretty skirt to wear today. Lately I've had to monitor her Sunday morning choices. Life is so much easier when I don't have to monitor her every move. I've been letting her sleep with her bedroom door open. She says she's sleeping better because of that. She still has that deep fear of a closed bedroom door. Bad things happened when the bedroom door was closed. Balancing her feelings of safety with the need to keep her out of food is an ongoing challenge, obviously. For today, though, life is good and I can put all that aside.
.
Today I will give thanks that Daughter is happy.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Enjoy today. :-)

Cathy said...

Powerpoint is very easy. If you can blog and use 'Word' you can do powerpoint. Only thing, I sometimes find it takes 30 minutes to work out what I want to say in my 'sermon' and then I spend 4 hours creating powerpoint with interesting pictures.... Not sure that's the right way round really!

Reverend Mom said...

Kari,

Thanks, it was was good day.

Cathy,

I can very easily imagine getting lost in PowerPoint. One of my youth is going come give me a tutorial on Wednesday. I probably could have figured it out on my own, but it's an opportunity to spend some time with a neat kid.