Friday, May 21, 2010

Two Calls

Daughter called me twice today. She talked to Case Manager in the morning, and they investigated and found out that most people had heard nothing of the "rumor" about the rape and pregnancy. Daughter was wearing a dress yesterday that some might have taken as a maternity dress-- I'm wondering if that prompted speculation from a few people and led to the rumor.
.
This afternoon she called, crying. She wanted to do something fun tonight. At first she said she didn't know what was wrong, but then she told me she was dreading going back to the workshop and waiting for the bus home. We talked about ways to make that time easier, and I promised her something fun tonight. She came home, sat down next to me, and fell asleep. I think it is a combination of avoidance and exhaustion.
.
She hasn't mentioned that Super Supervisor won't be in Monday and Tuesday of next week, which probably means that the upcoming absence was not announced. I'm not going to tell her, because she'll worry all weekend about dealing with Sub. Several weeks ago I bought a couple of DVD's. She doesn't know I have them. I think tonight I'll pull out the Muppet Movie. I think that will please her.
.
I had another busy day. I've driven 330 miles on church business in the last 4 days. It's no wonder I haven't found time to finalize my worship plans.

No comments: