Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Singing

Daughter is in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher and singing. She is very excited, because they are going to be doing some painting at the gift shop today. They have only been using the gift shop as a program site for a couple of months, so they're still getting things set up. They had to get a little refrigerator for Daughter's insulin (they were able to have that in place yesterday, it was just the transportation that they forgot). She's singing a song of praise that is her own composition right now. It's nice to hear her so happy. My hope is that as she gets more comfortable at the gift shop, she will be happier and more cooperative here at home.
.
I am cautiously optimistic. On the search front, I received another rejection letter yesterday, and the church I'm really interested in is contacting my references. I received a packet of information from them yesterday, and I continue to get excited about the possibility of serving as their pastor. It looks like a wonderful church and community.
.
Daughter changed her lyrics: "She took me in, she let me fly, she took me in." She's singing it repeatedly. I like it.

2 comments:

Jules said...

So, so, so glad to hear this. I'm really happy for you both.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Jules. I will enjoy it however long it lasts.