Sunday, May 16, 2010

How Things Change

I had a board meeting this afternoon. It was interesting. One of the men was concerned because the general fund balance was getting low. I asked what it was. It's down about 5% from where we were at the beginning of the year. The entire time I've been here, there has been a concern about having the general fund balance high enough to carry us through the summer, when giving is lower. The balance is over 3 times as much as what we have aimed for in the past. It was amazing how expectations of what constitutes a healthy general fund balance have changed.
.
We had a good meeting. We are trying new things, changing things, reaching out in new ways. I have a really good board this year. If God calls me to another church, I will be leaving this church in a good place. They are much healthier than they were when I arrived here almost 14 years ago. God is good.

1 comment:

Jules said...

So did dude have any suggestions on how to make more money?