Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Deep Longing

The temperature has been close to 90 the last 2 days. I don't do well with heat. Today I broke down and turned on the air conditioning. The walls on our brick home are so thick that it is slower heating up and cooling down. It's been hot sleeping the last couple of nights. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Daughter turned things around nicely today, and was very cooperative and helpful. She decided to clean out her closet, and called me up to see the clothes she wanted to donate. Of course, they were all things she'd worn within the last month. I suggested a better idea would be to put them in the guest room closet until fall. She was quite agreeable.

The other day I looked at some vacation pictures from last year. We like to camp in the northern woods. I felt a deep longing, almost an ache, to go back there. Camping allows me to step back and see things in new ways. As long as Daughter is wetting the bed every night, however, I'm not going to take her tent camping. She wet the bed one night last year. We spent the entire morning in a hot laundromat. I'm not going to do that every day. I'm hoping she'll stop soon and I can make reservations at the state park. I need to get out in the woods. I need to get out in the woods where the temperature isn't 90.

No comments: