Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Win-Win

We had a really good board meeting Sunday. We are trying new things, reaching out to inactive members, and recognizing God at work in our midst. We laughed together as we were about God's work.
.
In my reflections following the meeting, I realized that I am in a win-win situation. If I receive a call to the new church, I win, because I will have the opportunity to move closer to family, purchase a house, experience new challenges and opportunities, and provide Daughter with more opportunities. If God calls me to remain here, we are in a safe place, where we are known and loved. I will have the opportunity to continue to lead a people who are becoming increasingly open to new things. Daughter will continue in a place where the staff is growing more responsive to her needs.
.
I often remind people with serious illnesses that whatever happens, they win. If they die, they go to heaven and are reunited with loved ones. If they recover, they will have more time with their family here on earth. Many find this reassuring. Now I find myself reassured by the knowledge that whatever happens with the search process, I win. God is good.

No comments: