Friday, May 28, 2010

A Five Star Day

I decided I'd best celebrate Daughter's good day tonight, because there's no telling what tomorrow may bring. Daughter came home from work in a great mood. She asked for her chores, and then did them all properly without complaint, including folding some laundry, which she hates. C and I had hung her chart in her bedroom, and she was excited about that. The dry erase markers did not erase as I had hoped, so we've gone with stickers. Daughter didn't complain of being sick at all today. We went to another graduation open house, and she was off doing her thing and didn't cling to me or but me at all. There were numerous happy dances today. As we were driving to the open house, she said in amazement, "I'm so happy!" I agreed that life was much easier when she is responsible. Not only did she do all her chores, she saw other things that needed to be done, and did them voluntarily. It was an amazing day.
.
Will it last? No. That's why I'm going to celebrate every good day she has when she has it. Maybe someday it will last. For now, I'm hoping for a few more days of cooperation. Tonight, though, I'm not worrying about the future. I'm celebrating today.

2 comments:

maeve said...

A clean desk AND a five-star day. What more could a person ask for! Awesome mom and awesome daughter.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Maeve. I appreciate the way you give me hope and remind me of Daughter's potential when I get discouraged.