Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleeping Through Storms

The other night I heard a storm, and got up to shut my bedroom windows. It was just after 1:30 in the morning. I noticed lights on at the church, but went back to bed. It turns out I slept through the tornado siren. I was getting harassed about it this morning. It turns out that there were a number of people gathered in the church basement.
.
The treasurer and her family drove to family members who had a basement for shelter. Treasurer said every house they drove by had lights on and people up following the storms on the television. They heard the sirens from Town (miles away) when they left their home. Tiny Village has a siren less than .25 miles from here. I didn't hear it. The siren is loud. It sounds repeatedly when there is a tornado warning.
.
There were tornadoes. West and east of here there was damage. The sermon this morning was about Christ setting us free. I tried to convince them that I slept through the sirens because God had set me free from worries about tornadoes. I don't think they bought it. I guess I'm going to get my weather radio set up to alarm. I wonder if I'll sleep through that, too.

2 comments:

maeve said...

Why didn't they just come over and awaken you if they thought it was important?

Reverend Mom said...

They weren't mad or anything, just amazed that I slept through all the excitement....